Photo via: savingaddiction.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- Use Visual Tricks to Raise The Ceiling • If your ceilings are on the low side, paint them white. Hang curtains higher than the windows to trick your eye into thinking the room is taller. Most standard curtain panels measure 84 or 96 in. allowing you to go about 3 in. above the window casing before they get too short. If you want to hang them higher youll have to custom order. Try vertical stripes the lines elongate your walls. Lean a large mirror against a wall which can make a room seem taller
- Hi friends! I’ve been working through my next phase of decluttering (read more about that here) using the book, The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up. And I’m focusing on organizing my books and papers right now. sendhelp papersfordays This quest to organize my whole life has led me to create a command center for our family. …
- shown: my desk. not shown: the dreaded piles of papers As Im sitting down to write this, Ive just spent 40 minutes pacing the house looking for two pieces of paper that are really, really important, and I still cant find them. The last place I saw them was here in my home office, on the daybe
- Shiplap has finally made an appearance in the Little Glass Jar household! It’s very minor, but it’s there! I wanted to test the waters with a small space before committing to an entire wall, or a whole room for that matter. And you guys, it was a lot easier than I thought it would be. Meaning now I want to shiplap the entire house! The walls, the ceiling, the floor. HA! Maybe not the floor, but you get the idea. My poor husband! Seriously though, we shiplapped the inside of our pantry for our Farmhouse Pantry Makeover and it looks amazing. I have wanted to redo this space for a million years with this exact plan in mind and we finally got around to doing it a few weekends ago. There are more than enough tutorials online for how to get the faux Fixer Upper shiplap look. I went with [this] awesome video tutorial from one of my favorite DIY bloggers Jenna, from Jenna Sue Design. Again, there are so many ways of doing this with different types of wood and methods, but this is the one that worked best for us, and it was super affordable. Here is the …
- Big-time crushing on Shalias chunky leg console table!!!! Ive been saving some vintage porch railings in the hopes of making a console table for the little cottage I think that would make perfect table legs and I vow to DIY a version this year Seeing this feels like a great place to start @thespoiledhome is onetofollow for serious inspiration by foxhollowcottage
- I have seen dozens of command centers on Pinterest. If you haven’t seen them, just take a look at our organization board on Pinterest. They are everywhere! For good reason… Now, that I’ve got a kindergartener, a preschooler, and a baby on the way, I feel like our organization has to become more efficient so… Read More »
- I love little DIY ideas that can have a big impact on home decor. They are easy to do, they aren’t expensive and yet the end result makes a difference. One of these ideas is curtain styling. You may already have beautiful window curtains or drapes but you may have not noticed that they are …
- 12-minute Feng Shui Home Energy Makeover. Why do I feel like Ive been tricked into cleaning the house?!
- this is exactly what Ive been looking for! The size and shape are prefect for our back yard. I would make it a deck not a patio though. Patio.
- A tried and true method. Cut scrap paper to the size of the frame and mark the nail location on the paper. Using painters tape, move the paper templates around the wall until satisfied. Then hammer the nail through the marks. Remove the paper template and hang!
- Ive been working on decorating my bedroom and, of course, want the master bedroom look for less! Check out our West Elm inspired bedroom for less!
- Shop for Shower Curtains online at Macys.com. The bold stripes of the Harbour shower curtain from kate spade new york bring a splash of modern style to your bathroom decor.