Photo via: blindsanddrapery.wordpress.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- There’s no such thing as a boring shade of gray. Check out this collection of gray interior paint colors from BEHR to see all the different shades that one color can offer. Yellow- and red-toned grays offer a warm greige hue that will make any room in your home feel cozy and inviting. Blue- and purple-toned grays, on the other hand, offer a more traditional look that pairs well with white accents.
- One type of home ornamentation that has been gaining steam lately are art gallery walls. Creating your own personal wall gallery with your favorite pictures or prints is unique because…
- Interior designer Victoria Hagan decorated an 8,000-square-foot Shingle Style summer house on Nantucket for a couple and their three children. The living room features striped pillows on white-duck-covered furniture, blue cashmere throws, and a custom-made blue-and-white-plaid rug (“I adjusted its scale and pattern to the room,” she says); breezy white draperies frame the French doors, which open to views of the harbor.
- Get some great beadboard ideas for your home, to give it a cottage feel. With these 8 different ways to use it, you are sure to make your home unique.
- How to Decorate a Minimal Interior with Personality Minimalism doesn’t mean going without. Rather, it’s the very opposite: only inviting things into your life that add to happiness and wellbeing, and discarding the rest. We at Beige Renegade believe in homes with heart. Whether a soviet era concrete bunker is the very reflection of you, or, then again, a home filled with bright colours at every turn, just as with what we wear, how we do our hair or the handbag we choose on a particular day, how we decorate our homes communicates something of ourselves to the world. However, it can be challenging to find the balance between a cool, minimal interior and finding a place for your treasured collections. In this post, we want to share five tips to decorate a minimal interior with personality. 1De-clutter your home thoughtfully Although we are staunch advocates for clutter-free spaces – review our 7 principles for de-cluttering your life – it doesn’t mean you should de-clutter the soul out of your home. Follow Marie Kondo’s philosophy of keeping only those things that bring you joy. For example, you might have displayed a gift from a family member, out of obligation, or …
- This arrangement can make your bathroom feel like a spa and create a relaxing atmosphere. It also keeps things tidy and out of the way whilst also looking cute
- Farmhouse Always in style and always welcoming, the Farmhouse look embraces lived-in finishes and time-honored details. Birch Lanes assortment of furniture, wall art, and decor offers the perfect mix of color, texture, and pattern to create a countryside feel in your own home. Sign up for exclusive deals and hop these products (and so much more!) at Birchlane.com, and enjoy Free Shipping on orders $49 and more.
- What better way is there to spend an afternoon, than having your kids help upgrade the performance of your home theater? If youre a geek dad, the list is pretty small. There are many way to improve your home theater, and adding sound-absorbing panels is an inexpensive way of doing it. In my case, its almost a necessity: the hard concrete walls in my basement home theater have a nasty tendency to bounce sound around in unpleasant ways. The effect was made even worse when the carpet was replaced with hard laminate floors. The walls themselves were mostly bare, painted concrete. The walls needed decoration – artwork, pictures, whatever. Just something to make the place look less sterile. My home theater also happens to share a space with the kids playroom. So what happens when you put all these requirements into blender and pour the frothy goop into a big, …
- Shabby Chic Pink A gorgeous white buffet is the focus of this shabby chic master bathroom by RMS user MyLittleYellowHouse. The pink walls and frills are a soft contrast against the white buffet and mirror and make this space perfect for any girly girl. HGTV Idea
- Please seat yourself would make a fun addition in your bathroom or powder room. Each sign is hand whitewashed and hand lettered by Pineapple South. Everything is done by hand (it is not digitalized or vinyl). It has a rope hanger on the back which allows it to hang nicely on a wall or could easily rest on a shelf. ::Dimensions:: 17 length x 11 height If you do not want the sign whitewashed, it can come in natural wood. Please identify this in the comment box or it will automatically be whitewashed. ::Customize:: Pineapple South is happy to turn any of your favorite quotes into a hand lettered sign. Please chat with me before ordering to see how we can make a custom sign for you. Usually ships in 3-5 business days. Because each sign is personalized, Pineapple South can not take returns, exchanges or give refunds for this item.
- Shiplap has finally made an appearance in the Little Glass Jar household! It’s very minor, but it’s there! I wanted to test the waters with a small space before committing to an entire wall, or a whole room for that matter. And you guys, it was a lot easier than I thought it would be. Meaning now I want to shiplap the entire house! The walls, the ceiling, the floor. HA! Maybe not the floor, but you get the idea. My poor husband! Seriously though, we shiplapped the inside of our pantry for our Farmhouse Pantry Makeover and it looks amazing. I have wanted to redo this space for a million years with this exact plan in mind and we finally got around to doing it a few weekends ago. There are more than enough tutorials online for how to get the faux Fixer Upper shiplap look. I went with [this] awesome video tutorial from one of my favorite DIY bloggers Jenna, from Jenna Sue Design. Again, there are so many ways of doing this with different types of wood and methods, but this is the one that worked best for us, and it was super affordable. Here is the …
- Are you living in a smaller home, condo or apartment? Feeling cramped in that small room you have? Learn 7 Ways To Make A Small Room Feel Larger Instantly! Create a feeling of brightness and visually expand your rooms with these design tips; by using lighting, mirrors and decor in strategic ways. Read my tips on how to banish that cramped , cave-like feeling and get the spaciousness you crave!