Photo via: theshabbycreekcottage.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- diy home sweet home: 10 Ways to Make Your Laundry Room . Look Amazing. Love the idea of putting the shelf to cover the gap.
- What better way is there to spend an afternoon, than having your kids help upgrade the performance of your home theater? If youre a geek dad, the list is pretty small. There are many way to improve your home theater, and adding sound-absorbing panels is an inexpensive way of doing it. In my case, its almost a necessity: the hard concrete walls in my basement home theater have a nasty tendency to bounce sound around in unpleasant ways. The effect was made even worse when the carpet was replaced with hard laminate floors. The walls themselves were mostly bare, painted concrete. The walls needed decoration – artwork, pictures, whatever. Just something to make the place look less sterile. My home theater also happens to share a space with the kids playroom. So what happens when you put all these requirements into blender and pour the frothy goop into a big, …
- Shiplap has finally made an appearance in the Little Glass Jar household! It’s very minor, but it’s there! I wanted to test the waters with a small space before committing to an entire wall, or a whole room for that matter. And you guys, it was a lot easier than I thought it would be. Meaning now I want to shiplap the entire house! The walls, the ceiling, the floor. HA! Maybe not the floor, but you get the idea. My poor husband! Seriously though, we shiplapped the inside of our pantry for our Farmhouse Pantry Makeover and it looks amazing. I have wanted to redo this space for a million years with this exact plan in mind and we finally got around to doing it a few weekends ago. There are more than enough tutorials online for how to get the faux Fixer Upper shiplap look. I went with [this] awesome video tutorial from one of my favorite DIY bloggers Jenna, from Jenna Sue Design. Again, there are so many ways of doing this with different types of wood and methods, but this is the one that worked best for us, and it was super affordable. Here is the …
- 15 Ways To Raise The Vibrations of Your Home
- Welcome to another original design by LoveLifeWood 💁🏻 INTERNATIONAL POST ~ If you do not see your country listed please message me so I can source the best price Information – The Valknut (pronounced “VAL-knoot”) is one of the most widely-discussed yet enigmatic of all of the symbols that appear in connection with Norse mythology. It is comprised of three interlocking triangles. Archaeologically, it appears on several runestones and pictorial memorial stones that date from the Viking Age and stands on the Swedish island of Gotland. A Norwegian compound word that means “knot of those fallen in battle” and was introduced by Norwegians who lived long after the Viking Age Materials used – Scots pine is a common wood I use and comes largely from Scandinavian countrys It comes with strong hooks attached to each top tip for wall hanging should you wish to please bare in mind this is a piece made by myself by hand, and the wood used has a variable appearance to the picture as knots and other markings grow differently naturally Measurements approximately ~ Width – 55cm Height – 52cm Depth – optional 3 ,3.5 ,4 Finished in a Danish oak oils then waxed for protection Shipping ~ My up to date handling times are 5 working days Caroline ❤️
- Not planning on painting any time soon, but holy crap in a bucket! So smart. Use this trick to cover carpet before painting – as well as all surfaces. Contractor secrets roundup
- TIP: line your cabinet under the kitchen sink with peel and stick tile. Easy to wipe and helps cover already damaged cabinet bottom or helps to protect a new cabinet. Great under the BATHROOM sink, too!!!
- Using a valance to cover the dead space between the shower curtain rod and the ceiling
- DIY Custom Jewelry Bust. I love this! What a great way to display a special necklace! Cute for decor; cover it with fabric or your choice!
- “A gallerywall done right is beautiful, but it can be hard to create! That’s why we’ve laid out three easy steps for how to create one on our blog! Click…”
- Three steps for thinking about how to get better closet organization. Great closet image inspiration too!
- Interior designer Victoria Hagan decorated an 8,000-square-foot Shingle Style summer house on Nantucket for a couple and their three children. The living room features striped pillows on white-duck-covered furniture, blue cashmere throws, and a custom-made blue-and-white-plaid rug (“I adjusted its scale and pattern to the room,” she says); breezy white draperies frame the French doors, which open to views of the harbor.