Photo via: optimumgarden.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- Shiplap has finally made an appearance in the Little Glass Jar household! It’s very minor, but it’s there! I wanted to test the waters with a small space before committing to an entire wall, or a whole room for that matter. And you guys, it was a lot easier than I thought it would be. Meaning now I want to shiplap the entire house! The walls, the ceiling, the floor. HA! Maybe not the floor, but you get the idea. My poor husband! Seriously though, we shiplapped the inside of our pantry for our Farmhouse Pantry Makeover and it looks amazing. I have wanted to redo this space for a million years with this exact plan in mind and we finally got around to doing it a few weekends ago. There are more than enough tutorials online for how to get the faux Fixer Upper shiplap look. I went with [this] awesome video tutorial from one of my favorite DIY bloggers Jenna, from Jenna Sue Design. Again, there are so many ways of doing this with different types of wood and methods, but this is the one that worked best for us, and it was super affordable. Here is the …
- If youre a busy woman wit the desire but not the time to put together a cheerful and colorful breakfast room, this post is for you! Ive chosen some of my favorite artwork and put it together with Wayfair furniture (some of which Im planning to buy for my own new house) to create a beautiful room. All items are available for purchase. Just click the images to learn more.
- this ikea hack is awesome! She took a bookcase and an old IKEA EXPEDIT (now IKEA KALLAX) and made this long storage unit/tv console. I think we could do this!
- Remembering this when i paint my new house — To get rid of paint fumes… add a tablespoon of vanilla extract to a gallon of paint, mix well. It does not effect paint color! And makes the whole room smell like vanilla when youre done! Need this now!!!
- Ooooooo interesting placement, a vanity by the bed as a nightstand instead of an actual nightstand… I like that.
- Instead of framing each photo individually, cover an 8×10 photo mat with a collage of black-and-white photos, put colored photo in middle. LOVE THIS.
- Cafe kitchen window treatments @Rose Burkholder This has been my favorite so far!
- DONT PAINT YOUR WOOD TRIM! Put down the paint brush and get great decorating ideas for houses with wood trim. This is a must pin!
- lovely garden idea
- What better way is there to spend an afternoon, than having your kids help upgrade the performance of your home theater? If youre a geek dad, the list is pretty small. There are many way to improve your home theater, and adding sound-absorbing panels is an inexpensive way of doing it. In my case, its almost a necessity: the hard concrete walls in my basement home theater have a nasty tendency to bounce sound around in unpleasant ways. The effect was made even worse when the carpet was replaced with hard laminate floors. The walls themselves were mostly bare, painted concrete. The walls needed decoration – artwork, pictures, whatever. Just something to make the place look less sterile. My home theater also happens to share a space with the kids playroom. So what happens when you put all these requirements into blender and pour the frothy goop into a big, …
- Bedroom Wall Display Template – This is great for anyone who would like to decorate their walls with photos, because you can plan how your exact arrangement will look before you put any holes in your walls!
- When I painted my kitchen white I left one wall unpainted, on purpose of course. I’m slowly transitioning my kitchen from a traditional look to a rustic industrial space. I’m doing this by making mostly cosmetic changes as well as removing some cabinets to open the space up. The unpainted wall is the frosting on my cupcake. …